Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's happening.


Although I am currently away from work on maternity leave, I can't help it. I want to stay involved – observing and participating in this cultural shift we are in, that is becoming ever more obvious. The above image is a slide I put together for Ci and in the background is a gigantic mindmap about sustainability + food. FOOD! From Food Inc. raising questions about where our food comes from, to Chipotle changing the nature of fast food in the USA, to Michael Pollen's new book Food Rules, to the rise of urban agriculture and people spending more time in their kitchens, I am inspired and hopeful that North Americans are waking up and asking the questions about what we are putting in our bodies and how it effects us. And then today on Oprah. Food 101 with Michael Pollan. It's really happening. The food revolution. We have a long way to go, I know this. But it's happening.

"The less we spend on food, the more we spend on health care" ~Michael Pollan

No comments: